I’m usually disappointed when writers employ oft-overused metaphors to describe a situation.
With that in mind, Share Point 2010 is like a sea of icebergs – there is a lot going on under the surface that you may not notice until it’s too late.
Unfortunately, that makes your project like the Titanic.
Sometimes this error is temporary and will go away when you refresh the page.
Sometimes the error will need to be fixed by an administrator before the site will become accessible again.
Few days back I tried to create an event receiver on a Share Point Library which is going to fire whenever somebody adds a new record.
So if you face the same error, then if Googling doesn't help you much, then I will suggest to tweak the logic and use Item_Updated event!
Developing a Sharepoint application would have all the fun of a video game, if only you had infinite lives.
Dangers lurk hidden out there which, if you run into them, can be a blow to your project and waste a great deal of time.
Damon gives just one example of a poisoned dagger in the game of Sharepoint Development: The Item Event Receiver.
At the time of adding the record the event receiver was supposed to add the logged in users name into a custom column.
But to my great amusement it started throwing the following error: Unfortunately I was not able to fix it and after doing a lot of Rn D was not able to find a conclusive solution.
It looks like a read/write lock problem and I was not interested in sending a thread to sleep.
So I changed my logic a little bit and started implementing the same logic in Item_Updated event.